Homes in Fenland and Ely areas are currently without electricity thanks to Storm Doris with UK Power Network bringing in extra engineers to help restore power
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of homes across the county including hundreds in the Ely and Fenland area are without power this morning following yesterday’s Storm Doris.
UK Power Networks, which is responsible for power supplies nationwide, has drafted in extra engineers to help clear the damage and restore power as quickly as possible.
The company has also arranged for more call advisors to take calls from those hit by the power cuts.
According to UK Power Network’s website there are powercuts in Littleport, Prickwillow, Aldreth, Upwell, Outwell, Welney, and Doddington are among those currently without electricity.
Homes in Ely, which were previously affected have now had their power restored according to the power firm’s interactive map.
You may also want to watch:
A statement on the website said: “We’ve been calling back as many vulnerable customers as we can to keep them updated and to ensure there is no threat to their safety and wellbeing.
“We’re sorry to all customers affected. Overnight and this morning, engineers have been moving from the South East to East Anglia, along with additional contractors released from less affected areas, to support the repairs and reconnect all the remaining supplies as quickly as possible.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
“We are still urging people to keep clear of any damaged power lines and call us. Our priorities are restoring supplies as quickly as safely possible and keeping customers informed.”
Is your power off? You can sign up to UK Power Networks Live power cut list, which estimates when supplies will be restored.
You can also contact them via Twitter or Facebook where they promise they will be available to answer your questions 24 hours a day from @UKPowerNetworks.
You can call us free 24 hours a day on 105 or 0800 31 63 105. Please note the same information will be shared over the phone that is shown on the LIVE power cut list.