Snow could be on the way to the Fens as Mini Beast from the East set to hit over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
Temperatures are set to plummet this weekend with bitter winds making it feel as cold as -10C.
Dubbed the Mini Beast from the East, the cold snap has led to weather warnings with some costal parts of the region potentially seeing 10cm of snow.
The Fenlands could wake up to a light dusting of snow tomorrow, with showers expected overnight tonight, but there is potential for more to fall all through Saturday.
The Met Office says it currently looks unlikely to be as severe as the conditions at the start of the month, but has warned that the snow could cause some disruption.
They state: “Some roads and railways are likely to be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and train services. Some injuries are also possible from slips and falls on icy surfaces.”
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has issued yellow weather warnings for snow and ice from 6pm today until 11.55pm on Sunday.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards