VIDEO: Reckless driver takes his car down flooded Welney road
NUMEROUS motorists have got stranded on flooded roads this week but some drivers continue to disregard police warnings and ignore road closures.
The Cambs Times has got hold of some startling footage of a driver wading his way through deep water at Welney Wash before eventually making it back on to dry land.
You can see his windscreen wipers going side-to-side frantically and water pouring into his car.
At 3.15pm today the river level of the river Ouse at Welney Causeway, which usually lies at between nought and two metres, was measured at a staggering 3.75metres.
The A1101 Wash Road, in Welney is currently closed in both directions due to flooding between B1100 New Road and Bell’s Drove.
Traffic between Littleport and Wisbech will have to divert via Downham Market or Chatteris.
The Welney Wetland Centre has been forced to shut its main observatory from tomorrow until at least Sunday because of the flooding.
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 5 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 6 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 7 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 10 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers