VIDEO: Reckless driver takes his car down flooded Welney road
NUMEROUS motorists have got stranded on flooded roads this week but some drivers continue to disregard police warnings and ignore road closures.
The Cambs Times has got hold of some startling footage of a driver wading his way through deep water at Welney Wash before eventually making it back on to dry land.
You can see his windscreen wipers going side-to-side frantically and water pouring into his car.
At 3.15pm today the river level of the river Ouse at Welney Causeway, which usually lies at between nought and two metres, was measured at a staggering 3.75metres.
The A1101 Wash Road, in Welney is currently closed in both directions due to flooding between B1100 New Road and Bell’s Drove.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic between Littleport and Wisbech will have to divert via Downham Market or Chatteris.
The Welney Wetland Centre has been forced to shut its main observatory from tomorrow until at least Sunday because of the flooding.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million