VIDEO: Reckless driver takes his car down flooded Welney road
NUMEROUS motorists have got stranded on flooded roads this week but some drivers continue to disregard police warnings and ignore road closures.
The Cambs Times has got hold of some startling footage of a driver wading his way through deep water at Welney Wash before eventually making it back on to dry land.
You can see his windscreen wipers going side-to-side frantically and water pouring into his car.
At 3.15pm today the river level of the river Ouse at Welney Causeway, which usually lies at between nought and two metres, was measured at a staggering 3.75metres.
The A1101 Wash Road, in Welney is currently closed in both directions due to flooding between B1100 New Road and Bell’s Drove.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic between Littleport and Wisbech will have to divert via Downham Market or Chatteris.
The Welney Wetland Centre has been forced to shut its main observatory from tomorrow until at least Sunday because of the flooding.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 6 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating