Week of sub-zero temperatures expected as Fenland freezes
FENLAND is bracing itself for a week of freezing temperatures as the wintry conditions begin to set in.
There has been steady snowfall throughout the area, with a host of important sporting fixtures falling victim to the weather this weekend.
Forecasts predict that temperatures will struggle to get above zero all week, with highs of just three degrees.
Wisbech has this morning been hit with blizzards of snow and heavy showers are expected throughout today and Thursday, with some lighter snow in between.
It is thought that the conditions will subside later in the week with snow confined to coastal showers.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being warned to take extra care on the region’s icy roads.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down