Web agency is Fenland’s first
BUSINESSMAN Patrick Kavanagh, has launched Fenland s first internet estate agency, dramatically cutting the cost of moving home. Mr Kavanah, of Wood Street, Doddington, hit on the idea of selling homes exclusively on-line through PK Estates after working
BUSINESSMAN Patrick Kavanagh, has launched Fenland's first internet estate agency, dramatically cutting the cost of moving home.
Mr Kavanah, of Wood Street, Doddington, hit on the idea of selling homes exclusively on-line through PK Estates after working for top estate agents throughout the area.
Now he says, sellers are jumping at the chance to advertise their properties to a world-wide audience at just a fraction of the traditional market price.
Mr Kavanah, who has worked for January's Countrywide, Sharman Quinney and Pocock and Shaw among others, said: "It's a well-known fact in the industry that at least 70 per cent of buyers for homes in Cambridgeshire come via the internet and they're not just coming from the county but all over the UK and abroad.
"Estate agents advertise their properties on their websites but also have a prime High Street office manned by a team of staff which adds high costs to their operations.
"Inevitably these costs have to be recouped - and so their commission charges are high. My internet agency runs on a fraction of this cost, and sellers and prospective buyers are getting good service without burning a hole in their pockets."
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
Mr Kavanah charges just 0.5 per cent commission for sole agency and only one per cent for multiple agency.
"This means that sellers can advertise their properties either exclusively with me or alongside their High Street agents," added Patrick. "If I sell their homes they're in pocket - if I don't they haven't lost anything.