Web story linked to Facebook leads to arrest and charging of 23 year-old for robbery and GBH
A MAN who allegedly attacked and robbed a young Chatteris chip manager has appeared in court.
Daniel Waller, 23, of Delve Terrace, Chatteris appeared at Peterborough Magistrates Court on Saturday charged with robbery and GBH.
On the community Shape Your Place website PC Andy Harcup-Rudd told readers: “This arrest and charge was made possible by initial information passed to the police by the community. For this we thank you.”
He added: “Also congratulations to the team in CID who have put a lot into this case.”
The arrest and charge came after the 26 year-old manager was attacked and robbed as he dropped off takings to chip shop owner Mark Petrou at his London Road home a week earlier.
You may also want to watch:
The attack took place at around 9.15pm last Saturday week and Mr Petrou mounted a massive public appeal to find the culprit.
On the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard website the story became the most widely read across all of Archant’s papers in Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire and many readers linked it through their Facebook accounts.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
It was through Facebook that police received a number of leads that led to an arrest five days later.