Weekend of song will raise money for leukaemia fund raising pot
- Credit: Archant
A weekend of song comes to Walpole to raise money for the Robert Foot Leukaemia Fund.
The weekend at St Peter’s Church kicks off on Saturday April 18 with Opera for a While, a choir from Boston, who will be performing the songs of George Gershwin, Jerome Kern and Cole Porter.
On Sunday April 19 tenor Andrew Kennedy will be presented an Afternoon of English Song.
He enjoys an international reputation having sung in concert halls and opera houses throughout the world.
Tickets for both concerts are on sale now for £10. Combined tickets for both are £15.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Foot OBE died in 2002 aged 33 and was working as a political adviser for the Ministry of Defence in war-torn Sierra Leone when he first became ill.
He was diagnosed with a form of leukaemia which is rarely found in adults and in whom it is difficult to treat successfully.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
His family say he lived with the illness for more than two years with determination, spirit, and courage and in his memory they set upon a fund raising mission which to date has raised more than £160,500.
Tickets for the weekend of song can be bought by calling Michael and Wendy Foot on 01945-780468 or from Ed and Marion Ribnell on 01945-780568.