Well done to my dad and workmates for completing Three Peaks Challenge
MY dad Shaun Etherington, along with his workmates Paul Thacker, Dave Holliday, Paul Whiting, Nicholas Webb, Dennis Mitchell, Simon Bradshaw, Gavin Kimber and Marc Kimber, completed the Three Peaks Challenge in under 24 hours.
They started their journey to the three peaks on the June 13, started it on June 14 and completed it on June 15 - 11,000ft and 480 miles in 24 hours. They have raised so far on Facebook �1,146 for Cancer Research.
I am proud of them all, they trained for 10 months and I really do think they deserve a section in the paper to congratulate them on their success of completing the challenge.
My dad, Shaun, is one of the eldest of the group and when he came home he was knackered. The challenge definitely has effected him and no doubt the others.
I would just like to express how proud I am of every single one of them and I hope they reach their target of �5,000 because they most definitely deserve it.
You may also want to watch:
They are all amazing individuals.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 7 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned