Well-known Wisbech vagrant finally receives Asbo
THE drunken, anti-social exploits of Wisbech’s terminal tramp Aleksandras Liesys finally earned him an Asbo today (September 19).
King’s Lynn Magistrates’ Court imposed the interim anti-social behaviour order on Liesys, 43, of no fixed abode, due to his long-term disorderly behaviour in Wisbech town centre.
PC Adam Pearce said: “Liesys has been nothing but a nuisance, drinking in public and acting anti-socially.
“Despite engagement by a number of agencies to assist him to independent living he has chosen to be a drunken vagrant.
“People should be able to go out in Wisbech without seeing drunken and disorderly behaviour and I hope this helps us achieve that.”
You may also want to watch:
Liesys is banned from entering Wisbech town centre between 8am and 8pm except to visit the Job Centre and Probation Service office.
He is also forbidden from being drunk or carrying an open container of alcohol in public and swearing or making abusive or threatening comments or gestures to anyone in Wisbech.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
The order will remain in place until a full hearing on his behaviour takes place on November 15.