Welney businessman at centre of Mepal motocross track row is jailed for eight months at Norwich Crown Court
BUSINESSMAN Andrew Villis from Welney who runs the controversial motocross park near Mepal has been jailed for eight months for handling stolen goods.
The sentencing at Norwich Crown Court was a fortnight ago but details have only just appeared on court registers. Villlis had attended pre trial hearings in March and April prior to being sentenced.
His imprisonment has brought to a temporary halt talks with Fenland District Council over the noise nuisance under investigation at the 20 acre track.
Villis, of Wisbech Road, Welney, is a director of Fenland Resources Management Ltd and a joint applicant with Hanson Quarry Products Ltd, which has been trying to get planning consent to use the site for the next five years for moto cross and to allow touring caravans onto the site.
Company accounts show Villis is also a director of mail order businesses Kids Do Travel Ltd and Blaze and Barney Ltd which operate from his home address.
You may also want to watch:
Other companies, however, in which he has been a director – including Westacre Estate Shoot Management Ltd and Venus Corporation- are shown on company registers as having been dissolved.
He has also been a director of recycling firm Waste 2 Go and based at Block Fen, Mepal, which went into liquidation in 2009.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed