Welney writer Lisa Woods to launch new book ‘Tales from Plover Cottage’ at Babylon Gallery in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Welney writer Lisa Woods is holding a book launch party at Babylon Gallery in Ely this weekend.
Held from 5pm on Saturday October 7 – at the same time as the gallery’s Picasso selling exhibition - the launch will provide readers with an opportunity to buy her recently published book ‘Tales from Plover Cottage’.
There will be a short reading of part of the stories followed by a Prosecco celebration. The free event is open to the public.
The book is a collection of prize-winning and acclaimed short stories drawing on the history and myths of the East Anglian countryside. It includes a mixture of tales that have supernatural themes and unexpected endings.
As well as stories that leave a spine tingling chill of fear the writer produces stories filled with emotion that manage to be heart-warming and heart wrenching at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
Through her book, Lisa hopes to show visitors and residents the beauty and hidden history of the local rural area. When not writing, Lisa is an English lecturer at a local college.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 7 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children