Welney writer Lisa Woods to launch new book ‘Tales from Plover Cottage’ at Babylon Gallery in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Welney writer Lisa Woods is holding a book launch party at Babylon Gallery in Ely this weekend.
Held from 5pm on Saturday October 7 – at the same time as the gallery’s Picasso selling exhibition - the launch will provide readers with an opportunity to buy her recently published book ‘Tales from Plover Cottage’.
There will be a short reading of part of the stories followed by a Prosecco celebration. The free event is open to the public.
The book is a collection of prize-winning and acclaimed short stories drawing on the history and myths of the East Anglian countryside. It includes a mixture of tales that have supernatural themes and unexpected endings.
As well as stories that leave a spine tingling chill of fear the writer produces stories filled with emotion that manage to be heart-warming and heart wrenching at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
Through her book, Lisa hopes to show visitors and residents the beauty and hidden history of the local rural area. When not writing, Lisa is an English lecturer at a local college.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road