Could you help identify these twelve Wenlock sisters from Wisbech past?
- Credit: Archant
A woman is looking for help from residents of Wisbech to identify family members from Upwell for her family history project.
Val Brunton, from Outwell, wants to find out information about the twelve sisters of Joseph and Emily Wenlock from Upwell.
They were born between 1880 and 1889 and in the 1901 census they were living at 13 Trafalgar Row, Wisbech.
The girls are Alice Maud, Kate, Dora May, Lilian Beatrice, Emily E, Mabel, Gertrude, Laura May, Bertha, Grace Ellen, Winifred S and
You may also want to watch:
The Wenlock sister’s parents were Joseph Wenlock born in 1853 to 1909 and Emily E Rhye 1855 to 1914.
Emily E Rhye is the sister of Elizabeth Rhye who is Val’s grandmother Alice Maud’s mother.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
Val explained: “It’s unusual that there would be 12 girls in one family. We have the names but don’t know who is who.
“We know that two emigrated – Dora went to America and Laura May went to Australia.
“Years ago I didn’t event think about this. You just think of your immediate family and that’s it. But my daughter started to look into it a couple of years ago and then it really surprised us when she came across my surname and we discovered a lot more.
“She took us to the graves of our great great uncle and then that’s how it all came about.
“My mom has had these pictures for years and she will be 93 in May and wonders what has happened to these people. Obviously we know that they won’t be alive anymore, but there could still be relatives in Wisbech or people who know the name.”
To help Val with her family tree quest email her at email@example.com or call 01945 774475.