Wenn the Pen's not happy
WENN the Pen , as our regular letters contributor Reg Wenn from Chatteris, likes to be known, has spent much of the past four years corresponding on the state of affairs at Fenland Council. He s queried their accounts, questioned many of their actions, a
'WENN the Pen', as our regular letters contributor Reg Wenn from Chatteris, likes to be known, has spent much of the past four years corresponding on the state of affairs at Fenland Council. He's queried their accounts, questioned many of their actions, and you'd think he would think it a pleasure to use thumb screws on any number of councillors to achieve answers to many of his questions.
So imagine the surprise then this morning to discover Reg has professed contentment with the Tory administration. In a letter to be published in this week's paper, he headlines his thoughts: "Leave well alone, don't risk putting a virus in Fenland Hall."
One can only imagine Reg is alarmed by the prospects of the Lib Dems making progress in his home town of Chatteris, where their main challenge for FDC seats is being mounted.
"I have no time for the obnoxious element whose only aim is to be disruptive" says Reg, and I wonder who he means by that?
You may also want to watch:
Reg's advice is to "leave well alone".
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel