Wenn the Pen's not happy
WENN the Pen , as our regular letters contributor Reg Wenn from Chatteris, likes to be known, has spent much of the past four years corresponding on the state of affairs at Fenland Council. He s queried their accounts, questioned many of their actions, a
'WENN the Pen', as our regular letters contributor Reg Wenn from Chatteris, likes to be known, has spent much of the past four years corresponding on the state of affairs at Fenland Council. He's queried their accounts, questioned many of their actions, and you'd think he would think it a pleasure to use thumb screws on any number of councillors to achieve answers to many of his questions.
So imagine the surprise then this morning to discover Reg has professed contentment with the Tory administration. In a letter to be published in this week's paper, he headlines his thoughts: "Leave well alone, don't risk putting a virus in Fenland Hall."
One can only imagine Reg is alarmed by the prospects of the Lib Dems making progress in his home town of Chatteris, where their main challenge for FDC seats is being mounted.
"I have no time for the obnoxious element whose only aim is to be disruptive" says Reg, and I wonder who he means by that?
Reg's advice is to "leave well alone".
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal