Two arson attacks at West End Park in one evening as crews tackle fires for nearly two hours
- Credit: HARRY RUTTER
Two arson attacks took place at West End Park in March yesterday evening, leaving crews tackling the fires for almost two hours.
Firefighters from March and Wisbech attended the first “well-developed” incident at the park at around 5.40pm on Tuesday, October 2.
The blaze involved around 20 meters of conifer trees. Shortly after, the crew from March was called to another incident towards the park entrance.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “At 5.42pm one crew from March and two crews from Wisbech were called to a fire on West End Park in March.
“Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire involving around 20 metres of conifer trees and extinguished is using hose reels.
You may also want to watch:
“The crew from March was then called to another fire involving trees on City Road in March. The extinguished the fire using hose reels.
“All crews returned to their stations by 8.45pm. The cause of both fires was deliberate.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.