West Norfolk man due in court in connection with death of March police officer in crash
- Credit: PA
A man faces a trial next week charged with causing the death of a police officer in a road crash.
Danny Warby, 27, of School Road, Runcton Holme, near King’s Lynn, appeared at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court yesterday (June 24).
He faces a charge of causing death by dangerous driving in connection with the death of Sharon Garrett on June 6, 2014.
The incident happened at 4.35pm on the A141 at Wyton in Cambridgeshire when the Renault Clio she was driving was involved in a collision with two other cars and two lorries.
Detective Constable Garrett, 48, joined Cambridgeshire Constabulary in 1991 and served in a number of roles across the force, most recently investigating complex fraud offences in the economic crime unit.
You may also want to watch:
The trial will be held at Peterborough Crown Court on July 1.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens