Westwood Community Primary School in March and Walpole Parish Council receive almost £20,000 of Lottery funding
- Credit: Archant
A school in March and children in Walpole are to benefit from thousands of pounds worth of Big Lottery funding.
Westwood Community Primary School in March is to receive £9,990 to help “deliver positive, extra-curricular activities to children with behavioural issues”.
The activities, which will include cycling, martial arts, horse riding and boccia, are being run to increase the children’s confidence and self-esteem.
Walpole Parish Council, meanwhile, is to receive £10,000 to help build a play area at the community recreation field.
It is hoped it will encourage children and young people to play actively, in turn improving their health and wellbeing.
You may also want to watch:
The funding boost is among 33 projects across the East of England totalling more than £1 million.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake