Westwood Community Primary School in March and Walpole Parish Council receive almost £20,000 of Lottery funding
- Credit: Archant
A school in March and children in Walpole are to benefit from thousands of pounds worth of Big Lottery funding.
Westwood Community Primary School in March is to receive £9,990 to help “deliver positive, extra-curricular activities to children with behavioural issues”.
The activities, which will include cycling, martial arts, horse riding and boccia, are being run to increase the children’s confidence and self-esteem.
Walpole Parish Council, meanwhile, is to receive £10,000 to help build a play area at the community recreation field.
It is hoped it will encourage children and young people to play actively, in turn improving their health and wellbeing.
The funding boost is among 33 projects across the East of England totalling more than £1 million.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 9 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash