Westwood Junior School targeted by vandals just months after arson attack
A JUNIOR school that was attacked by arsonists just months ago has now been targeted by vandals.
More than 40 firefighters were called to Westwood Junior School, Maple Grove, March, in April when two large sheds were set alight. The school’s swimming pool and a storage building were also affected.
Now �500 worth of damage has been caused by offenders who cut away the fence next to the car park off Henson Road.
They are believed to have struck between Tuesday and yesterday afternoon.
Vandals have already forced another primary school in March to install towering steel electronic security gates.
You may also want to watch:
All Saints Inter-Church Primary School spent �11,000 on the gates after being plagued by countless vandals in recent years.
PC Phil Richardson, investigating, said: “This will cost the school hundreds of pounds to repair.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
“I would appeal to anyone who saw people acting suspiciously in the area during Tuesday night to contact police.
Anyone with any information should call police on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.