Westwood Junior School targeted by vandals just months after arson attack
A JUNIOR school that was attacked by arsonists just months ago has now been targeted by vandals.
More than 40 firefighters were called to Westwood Junior School, Maple Grove, March, in April when two large sheds were set alight. The school’s swimming pool and a storage building were also affected.
Now �500 worth of damage has been caused by offenders who cut away the fence next to the car park off Henson Road.
They are believed to have struck between Tuesday and yesterday afternoon.
Vandals have already forced another primary school in March to install towering steel electronic security gates.
You may also want to watch:
All Saints Inter-Church Primary School spent �11,000 on the gates after being plagued by countless vandals in recent years.
PC Phil Richardson, investigating, said: “This will cost the school hundreds of pounds to repair.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
“I would appeal to anyone who saw people acting suspiciously in the area during Tuesday night to contact police.
Anyone with any information should call police on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.