Westwood School pupils take part in Egg Skittles Challenge
- Credit: Archant
Westwood School held its annual egg-themed school competition this lunchtime ... this time, pupils took part in the Egg Skittles Challenge.
The brief was simple - design a bowling ball which could keep an egg safe inside it while knocking down skittles.
Twelve classes contributed a bowling ball to the challenge. Nine out of the 12 eggs survived, with Class 10 chosen as the overall winner.
Deputy head Steve Abey said: “Every year we do something egg related. Last year we dropped eggs out of a cherry picker.
“This year, pupils were asked to design a bowling ball that could protect an egg while knocking down as many skittles as possible.
“The classes also came up with a 30-second cheerleading routine. It was a lot of fun.”
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body