Westwood School pupils take part in Egg Skittles Challenge
- Credit: Archant
Westwood School held its annual egg-themed school competition this lunchtime ... this time, pupils took part in the Egg Skittles Challenge.
The brief was simple - design a bowling ball which could keep an egg safe inside it while knocking down skittles.
Twelve classes contributed a bowling ball to the challenge. Nine out of the 12 eggs survived, with Class 10 chosen as the overall winner.
Deputy head Steve Abey said: “Every year we do something egg related. Last year we dropped eggs out of a cherry picker.
“This year, pupils were asked to design a bowling ball that could protect an egg while knocking down as many skittles as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“The classes also came up with a 30-second cheerleading routine. It was a lot of fun.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder