Wetherspoons open Hippodrome
AT 7.45pm on Tuesday March 22 I had the pleasure of a guided tour around the new Wetherspoons Hippodrome before the official opening.
The interior and set up of the Hippodrome gives it a very picturesque and traditional feel and has kept the old posters and pieces that were used in the original life of the cinema.
The area is warm and spacious with plenty of room to move around, the menus cater for most needs and have very generous portions.
I feel happy that this once popular building that was left empty and neglected has now found a new lease of life and will once again become used by the community.
The opening might have been quiet end but I am sure that this building will become a focus point in the town and one less empty building in the main street.
Well done Wetherspoons.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
March Town Mayor