Wetherspoons unveil ambitious plans for former bingo hall
PUB chain Wetherspoons has unveiled their ambitious plans for the conversion of the Hippodrome Bingo Club in March.
Wetherspoons have now applied to Fenland District Council for change of use and have detailed the changes they want to make.
A company spokesman said the principal changes include a new front entrance from Dartford Road to include period styled glazed double doors. However the company says the semi circular glazed panel and surrounding art deco feature will remain but will be repaired and repainted where necessary.
On the ground floor the existing sloping floor will be levelled to provide a large open plan customer area.
“The bar area will be designed to reflect the aesthetics of the existing architectural internal characteristics of the building,” said the spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Wetherspoons also plan to remove the staircase enclosure off Darthill Road and “in doing this it forms a large area where natural daylight can come through. It also allows the company to form a summer opening fa�ade with side opening sliding doors.”
Existing asbestos roof sheets will be removed and replaced with a slate profiled roof system “to blend in with the surrounding roof scape”.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
Wetherspons says the existing building is not listed and is not within a conservation area although their proposals will bring about a careful refurbishment.