What a good sew and show
YOUNG designers eye-catching and daring creations were showcased at a special fashion show in Wisbech. First and second year design students at the Isle campus of the College of West Anglia have spent the last nine months working on their collections fo
YOUNG designers' eye-catching and daring creations were showcased at a special fashion show in Wisbech.
First and second year design students at the Isle campus of the College of West Anglia have spent the last nine months working on their collections for the fashion event.
About 30 students currently studying for their BTEC National Diploma in fashion and clothing showcased their work for the two-day catwalk show, which included a range of styles, from punk to baby pink.
Jayne Walpole, head of the faculty for arts, said: "The students have been busy rehearsing all week. They have put a lot of hard work into the show and they have worked really well. We have been very impressed with their quality of work.
You may also want to watch:
"The students have produced some very creative and original designs and it is a real credit to them and the staff."
The students worked with their lecturers, Michelle James and Sally Stillingfleet, on last Thursday's and Friday's catwalk show.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
There has also been a major visual and creative art exhibition at the campus.