What a star - March Neale-Wade Academy pupil Billy is a real inspiration
- Credit: Archant
Teenager Billy Griffiths has scooped a top award recognising the work he does in his local community and at the Neale-Wade Academy in March.
Billy, 14, was presented with the ‘contribution to the local community’ prize at the school’s annual awards.
This year the award was sponsored by estate agents Harrison Murray and Tracey Palmer, senior sales negotiator at the March branch, went along to hand over the prize.
Billy, not only supports a school garden project but also volunteers or is an ambassador for a number of other community projects including being part of Fenland Youth District Council and Young Leaders in Service.
Tracey said: “We were delighted to go along to Neale-Wade to present the trophy to Billy - a fantastic and inspirational young man who is a really worthy winner.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Harrison Murray March team also recently helped children from Burrowmoor Primary School in March get in the harvest spirit with a colouring competition.
The winner was five-year-old Layton and he was presented with a goody bag by estate agency manager Nicola Roberts, watched by his fellow pupils.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home