What about community car schemes? They also take business away from taxi drivers
I WAS reading about taxi drivers and FACT in Friday’s Wisbech Standard.
What about the community car schemes? They also take business away from taxi drivers. My neighbour uses these regularly and she said she does it because they are so cheap.
She only pays £3 for a visit to the doctor, followed by a trip to the supermarket. She is out for about two hours, and the driver just waits around for her. She is in her 60s, but not disabled in any way.
I asked her how they can afford to run it so cheaply, and she said the drivers claim extra money from Cambridgeshire County Council. I expect that is our community tax money. Why should my tax pay for cheap journeys for people who are well off and also deprive taxi drives of making a living?
Do the people of Fenland know their money is used in this way? It is disgraceful.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim