What about community car schemes? They also take business away from taxi drivers
I WAS reading about taxi drivers and FACT in Friday’s Wisbech Standard.
What about the community car schemes? They also take business away from taxi drivers. My neighbour uses these regularly and she said she does it because they are so cheap.
She only pays £3 for a visit to the doctor, followed by a trip to the supermarket. She is out for about two hours, and the driver just waits around for her. She is in her 60s, but not disabled in any way.
I asked her how they can afford to run it so cheaply, and she said the drivers claim extra money from Cambridgeshire County Council. I expect that is our community tax money. Why should my tax pay for cheap journeys for people who are well off and also deprive taxi drives of making a living?
Do the people of Fenland know their money is used in this way? It is disgraceful.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire