What Next group in Chatteris looking for volunteer drivers of wheelchair-adapted vehicle
THE Joan Jumeau wheelchair-adapted vehicle, run by the What Next support group in Chatteris, is urgently looking to recruit volunteer drivers.
This little car is available for people who have difficulty using ordinary transport and is specially adapted to take a wheelchair in the back with the owner in situ.
It has been used for many trips already this year, but during the summer and autumn months we have lost five of our dedicated drivers through retirement, ill-health or moving to a new area.
If you feel you can help us continue to provide this valuable service, please ring Barbara on 01354 692381. Full training will be given, plus expenses.
You may also want to watch:
What Next group, Chatteris
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa