What Next group in Chatteris looking for volunteer drivers of wheelchair-adapted vehicle
THE Joan Jumeau wheelchair-adapted vehicle, run by the What Next support group in Chatteris, is urgently looking to recruit volunteer drivers.
This little car is available for people who have difficulty using ordinary transport and is specially adapted to take a wheelchair in the back with the owner in situ.
It has been used for many trips already this year, but during the summer and autumn months we have lost five of our dedicated drivers through retirement, ill-health or moving to a new area.
If you feel you can help us continue to provide this valuable service, please ring Barbara on 01354 692381. Full training will be given, plus expenses.
You may also want to watch:
What Next group, Chatteris
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’