What Next group in Chatteris looking for volunteer drivers of wheelchair-adapted vehicle
THE Joan Jumeau wheelchair-adapted vehicle, run by the What Next support group in Chatteris, is urgently looking to recruit volunteer drivers.
This little car is available for people who have difficulty using ordinary transport and is specially adapted to take a wheelchair in the back with the owner in situ.
It has been used for many trips already this year, but during the summer and autumn months we have lost five of our dedicated drivers through retirement, ill-health or moving to a new area.
If you feel you can help us continue to provide this valuable service, please ring Barbara on 01354 692381. Full training will be given, plus expenses.
You may also want to watch:
What Next group, Chatteris
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic