What next support group
THE monthly meeting of the What Next support group was held at the Quaker Way day room with 21 present. It was reported that one of our members had just returned home from hospital and flowers and a small gift were delivered to her home during the meeting
THE monthly meeting of the What Next support group was held at the Quaker Way day room with 21 present. It was reported that one of our members had just returned home from hospital and flowers and a small gift were delivered to her home during the meeting.
Two new members Roy and Janet were welcomed by the chairman before introducing the speaker, Jill Driver, a founder member and a co-ordinator of What Next. Theme of her talk was how and why the Chatteris What Next group was started.
The groups aim is to get people with challenging illnesses out of their house for a short break in a calm and friendly atmosphere, where they can have a cup of tea and a chat.
Jill paid a special tribute to Barbara Kingman who has worked very hard for the group.
You may also want to watch:
Members were reminded of the trip to Skylark Nursery, and a list of forthcoming events will be given out at the next meeting on Thursday October 12 (2pm).
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council