What’s going wrong?
OUR country today is in a state of crisis. Under the New Labour government, our health service is in chaos, bed shortages, staff cuts in nursing, and lack of full-time fire brigades. Police are absent from street patrols, hence there is no law and order i
OUR country today is in a state of crisis. Under the New Labour government, our health service is in chaos, bed shortages, staff cuts in nursing, and lack of full-time fire brigades.
Police are absent from street patrols, hence there is no law and order in cities and rural places, people are living in fear, and they are fast losing faith in politicians.
The churches pride themselves on closing two places of worship a week as only a half a per cent of the English are Christian.
Many people are abusing illegal drugs. Money and materialism have become the 'in things' in people's lives and, worst of all, abortion and child abuse are the most appalling social evils of our time.
Our wage structure is of lunatic nature. Those in non-essential 'occupations' such as football, are greatly overpaid, while vital people such as nurses and bus drivers are paid very inferior money.
Most English citizens hate those of other nations, and yet in the 1950s refugees from Hungary were received kindly.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
Our country was once so beautiful, with its hills and countryside. Rivers have become polluted, while our fields have become desecrated by bypasses and ugly houses in order to assist the 0commuter car owner.
JOHN GRAVES, Upwell Park, March