What’s the game?
I THANK Councillor Simon King s for his words of thanks to me for praising democracy within Fenland District Council, and confirming that Councillor Geoff Harper does not wish to change his name. I have, however, apologised to Cllr Harper personally, on t
I THANK Councillor Simon King's for his words of thanks to me for praising democracy within Fenland District Council, and confirming that Councillor Geoff Harper does not wish to change his name.
I have, however, apologised to Cllr Harper personally, on the issue of elected members' fees and expenses; which had been published in the local media.
As for the 2004 consultation on paid parking, I can't see what can be achieved by keeping that result a secret. It was the finding of a body of people that cost the taxpayer a reported £20,000.
What game are we playing here? Is it 'What Simon said' or 'What Geoffrey said'?
You may also want to watch:
Surely the overview and scrutiny committee, 'the most powerful tool in local government', can get that 2004 answer released before it submits its own findings. Exercise your power as elected representatives to allow the voice of the people to be heard. That's democracy.
Thanks to democracy the voice of the people has been heard by the Cambs Police Authority. It has taken some time; but at last we are getting a police force which the people of Chatteris deserve. The townsfolk must now ensure that everyone respects them. They need our help as much as wee need theirs.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers