What’s the game?
I THANK Councillor Simon King s for his words of thanks to me for praising democracy within Fenland District Council, and confirming that Councillor Geoff Harper does not wish to change his name. I have, however, apologised to Cllr Harper personally, on t
I THANK Councillor Simon King's for his words of thanks to me for praising democracy within Fenland District Council, and confirming that Councillor Geoff Harper does not wish to change his name.
I have, however, apologised to Cllr Harper personally, on the issue of elected members' fees and expenses; which had been published in the local media.
As for the 2004 consultation on paid parking, I can't see what can be achieved by keeping that result a secret. It was the finding of a body of people that cost the taxpayer a reported £20,000.
What game are we playing here? Is it 'What Simon said' or 'What Geoffrey said'?
You may also want to watch:
Surely the overview and scrutiny committee, 'the most powerful tool in local government', can get that 2004 answer released before it submits its own findings. Exercise your power as elected representatives to allow the voice of the people to be heard. That's democracy.
Thanks to democracy the voice of the people has been heard by the Cambs Police Authority. It has taken some time; but at last we are getting a police force which the people of Chatteris deserve. The townsfolk must now ensure that everyone respects them. They need our help as much as wee need theirs.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile