Wheelchair-bound man suffers serious injuries in collision with car in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A MAN in a wheelchair suffered serious injuries after being involved in a collision with a car in Littleport.
The incident happened following a confrontation between two small groups of men in Longfield Road at about 8pm on Thursday (July 4).
One group had been on foot and the others were in a blue Volvo.
The collision happened following the altercation as the car was being reversed in the street.
The 21-year-old victim suffered serious but not life threatening injuries and was treated at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
PC Rachel McKenzie, who is investigating, said: “The victim was in the group on foot and the collision happened after a fight had taken place between one person from each group.
“I believe members of the public would have seen the fracas taking place and I am particularly keen to know exactly how the collision took place.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 10 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
“Anyone with information should not hesitate to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact PC MCKenzie on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.