Wheelie bins should be emptied weekly
AS wheelie bins made the news recently (Fen Blow by David Self) I thought I would have a go as they are really on my mind a lot these days. This is one of the hottest and most humid summers I can remember and I am in my eighties, yet Fenland Council decid
AS wheelie bins made the news recently (Fen Blow by David Self) I thought I would have a go as they are really on my mind a lot these days.
This is one of the hottest and most humid summers I can remember and I am in my eighties, yet Fenland
Council decided to empty all its bins once a fortnight instead of once a week. For papers, tins and bottles there is no complaint but kitchen waste and such like it is definitely unhealthy and the decision should be reversed.
No doubt the Tory council managed to save a few bob, sacked a couple of workers I suppose. If there is a health inspector around these parts I would ask him or her to look into this matter.
You may also want to watch:
I would also suggest to members of the health committee the very least they can do is to have a discussion about this.
- 1 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 2 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 5 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell