Wheelie bins should be emptied weekly
AS wheelie bins made the news recently (Fen Blow by David Self) I thought I would have a go as they are really on my mind a lot these days. This is one of the hottest and most humid summers I can remember and I am in my eighties, yet Fenland Council decid
AS wheelie bins made the news recently (Fen Blow by David Self) I thought I would have a go as they are really on my mind a lot these days.
This is one of the hottest and most humid summers I can remember and I am in my eighties, yet Fenland
Council decided to empty all its bins once a fortnight instead of once a week. For papers, tins and bottles there is no complaint but kitchen waste and such like it is definitely unhealthy and the decision should be reversed.
No doubt the Tory council managed to save a few bob, sacked a couple of workers I suppose. If there is a health inspector around these parts I would ask him or her to look into this matter.
You may also want to watch:
I would also suggest to members of the health committee the very least they can do is to have a discussion about this.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s