‘When people are naughty do they go in a cave?’ - Children at Clarence House day nursery enjoy visit from PCSO Jo
- Credit: Archant
Pre-school children at Clarence House day nursery in Chatteris were visited by a police service community officer today – to help them learn about ‘people who help us’.
Kristen Dutton, nursery manager, said: “The children were really excited to see a ‘real’ police woman and her car.
“They learnt about the radio and how she talks to the team back at the station and how she wears a hat and a bright jacket to help people see her at night.
“They loved hearing the siren which they were told had to be loud so that drivers who have music on can hear them,” she added.
One child asked: “When people are naughty do they go in a cave?”
You may also want to watch:
Another child told everyone: “Police keep us safe”.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire