When will Fenland’s reporters of today experience the daredevil frontline like Mac Cotterell?
I READ with considerable nostalgia your article about Councillor Mac Cotterell and his daredevil past as a newspaper reporter, even braving knife throwing to bring his story home.
I bet youngsters starting out in the business today don’t experience ‘life on the frontline’ in the same way!
Isn’t that the problem with the lily-livered, weak-kneed young reporters of today? Have Rob Setchell or Tom Jackson ever used a typewriter? Or is it all these new fangled computer things?
Have they ever had a knife thrown at them? Isn’t it time they started?
I rest my case!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s