When will Fenland’s reporters of today experience the daredevil frontline like Mac Cotterell?
I READ with considerable nostalgia your article about Councillor Mac Cotterell and his daredevil past as a newspaper reporter, even braving knife throwing to bring his story home.
I bet youngsters starting out in the business today don’t experience ‘life on the frontline’ in the same way!
Isn’t that the problem with the lily-livered, weak-kneed young reporters of today? Have Rob Setchell or Tom Jackson ever used a typewriter? Or is it all these new fangled computer things?
Have they ever had a knife thrown at them? Isn’t it time they started?
I rest my case!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 6 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000