Where are the track clearing teams on the Bramley Line?
UPON reading the Wisbech Standard today and the letter from Peter Wakefield of Railfuture, I had to smile, as it seems now that neither Railfuture or the Bramley Line Trust are in contact with each other, let alone the Trust in contact with Joe Public.
When I first joined the Wisbech & March Bramley Line as it was when Peter Downs started it, there were many behind the project, with track clearing teams out most weekends, but where are they all now? Speaking with Network Rail, Peter and I were assured by the then manager, there was no chance of a public service returning into March.
Now, all of a sudden, while the Bramley Line remains somewhat secretive, Railfuture claim they have 650 residents who have now signed their petition.
If it comes off, who is going to turn out and run it? I won’t be holding my breath for an answer.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire