Where is our democracy when demonstrations are ignored?
ON Friday I boarded one of a fleet of 50-60 vessels from all parts of East Anglia and Medway ports to take part in a demonstration on the River Thames at London. The demonstration was against the ruination of the once-great British fishing industry by the
ON Friday I boarded one of a fleet of 50-60 vessels from all parts of East Anglia and Medway ports to take part in a demonstration on the River Thames at London.
The demonstration was against the ruination of the once-great British fishing industry by the masters of this once-great country.
I ask myself why has there been to date not one mention of this amazing demonstration, almost 60 small decorated fishing vessels milling around the upper reaches of the Thames. Could it possibly be they were decorated with anti-EU slogans and anti-Blair slogans? And frighteningly could it be the final arrival of Big Brother?
A peaceful demonstration on this scale surely rated at least a mention. Would it have rated such had it been pro EU?
You may also want to watch:
I will not be around to see the final sun set on Gt Britain but our children and grandchildren have a right to know the history of this country and be proud of its achievements.
If a demonstration like this can be ignored then democracy in this great country that thousands upon thousands gave their lives defending is now dead, and the future generations will reap the wild wind that will blow.
- 1 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 6 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
Do you really think that by ignoring this peaceful demonstration the powers that be will keep the people of this country in ignorance of what is happening. I hope the sleeping lion that is Gt Britain will finally wake up and take the action that is needed to retain the democracy that was so fiercely won.
UKIP (Fenland branch)