Where is our democracy when demonstrations are ignored?
ON Friday I boarded one of a fleet of 50-60 vessels from all parts of East Anglia and Medway ports to take part in a demonstration on the River Thames at London. The demonstration was against the ruination of the once-great British fishing industry by the
ON Friday I boarded one of a fleet of 50-60 vessels from all parts of East Anglia and Medway ports to take part in a demonstration on the River Thames at London.
The demonstration was against the ruination of the once-great British fishing industry by the masters of this once-great country.
I ask myself why has there been to date not one mention of this amazing demonstration, almost 60 small decorated fishing vessels milling around the upper reaches of the Thames. Could it possibly be they were decorated with anti-EU slogans and anti-Blair slogans? And frighteningly could it be the final arrival of Big Brother?
A peaceful demonstration on this scale surely rated at least a mention. Would it have rated such had it been pro EU?
I will not be around to see the final sun set on Gt Britain but our children and grandchildren have a right to know the history of this country and be proud of its achievements.
If a demonstration like this can be ignored then democracy in this great country that thousands upon thousands gave their lives defending is now dead, and the future generations will reap the wild wind that will blow.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 10 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
Do you really think that by ignoring this peaceful demonstration the powers that be will keep the people of this country in ignorance of what is happening. I hope the sleeping lion that is Gt Britain will finally wake up and take the action that is needed to retain the democracy that was so fiercely won.
UKIP (Fenland branch)