Where’s the affordable housing say councillors as they reject car boot entrepreneur’s £2million homes scheme
- Credit: Archant
Councillors rejected the lure of “seven £2 million very executive homes” on the outskirts of March – partly because the proposals excluded affordable housing!
Car boot entrepreneur Paul Salter claimed his development in March Road, Wimblington would attract “industry leaders to come and live in the Fens. They wil not only create 1000’s of new local jobs but they will also bring many future years of great prosperity too.”
But Fenland District Council Planning Committee backed the six point list provided by officers to refuse the application.
They said it was outside the footprint of the village and not in keeping with a rural area, would cause noise issues for neighbours, failed to say what would happen to trees on the site, and provided nothing for affordable housing.
Mr Salter had claimed “Fenland is desperate for this high value housing as it currently has none”. He said ahead of last week’s planning committee he would appeal any refusal.
You may also want to watch:
He promised to appeal “and ask for costs to be awards, which will be a very great tragedy and set back for Fenland”.
Among objectors to his scheme was Wimblington Parish Council which said nothing had changed since a previous refusal.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
Various neighbours also lodged objections that included protection of the Green Belt whilst John Rose of the Priory Golf Centre had “issues with golf balls- netting would be needed”.