Where were supporters of the Bramley Line?
- Credit: Archant
HOW come all of a sudden, MP Steve Barclay is only now interested in reopening the railway line between Wisbech and March, while this project was started by Peter Downs under The Wisbech & March Bramley Line Ltd, more than 10 years ago?
Since I had to stand down as chairman three years ago, and for strictly personal reasons, NOT kicked out as once claimed by one reader, another group calling themselves the Bramley Line Trust took over.
Now we never hear a word from them, apart from when it was said they needed £1,000 for some coach to be transported to their site for restoration, and were near to reaching their goal, but nothing since, with both an e-mail address and a mobile number that nobody can get answers from.
Now, all of a sudden, Railfuture are suddenly claiming to have some 2,500 signatures on a petition to reopen the line for commuters and freight. Where were all these people before?
Had a certain matter not taken place two years ago, the Bramley Line Trust would have been holding the lease by now, despite it being denied by them. I and another couple of their then committee members know it is true, because I was behind the negotiations for an interest free loan to get the lease.
You may also want to watch:
It is about time the record was set straight once and for all about the Bramley Line.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis