Where were supporters of the Bramley Line?
- Credit: Archant
HOW come all of a sudden, MP Steve Barclay is only now interested in reopening the railway line between Wisbech and March, while this project was started by Peter Downs under The Wisbech & March Bramley Line Ltd, more than 10 years ago?
Since I had to stand down as chairman three years ago, and for strictly personal reasons, NOT kicked out as once claimed by one reader, another group calling themselves the Bramley Line Trust took over.
Now we never hear a word from them, apart from when it was said they needed £1,000 for some coach to be transported to their site for restoration, and were near to reaching their goal, but nothing since, with both an e-mail address and a mobile number that nobody can get answers from.
Now, all of a sudden, Railfuture are suddenly claiming to have some 2,500 signatures on a petition to reopen the line for commuters and freight. Where were all these people before?
Had a certain matter not taken place two years ago, the Bramley Line Trust would have been holding the lease by now, despite it being denied by them. I and another couple of their then committee members know it is true, because I was behind the negotiations for an interest free loan to get the lease.
It is about time the record was set straight once and for all about the Bramley Line.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 10 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year