Driver suffers serious injuries after clearing water-filled ditch before overturning van
- Credit: Archant
A van driver suffered serious injuries after a crash which saw his vehicle fly over a water-filled ditch before overturning in a nearby field.
They crashed their small white van on Black Drove in Guyhirn after going “straight over a T-junction” on December 7 in early-morning fog.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Emergency Services were called this morning after a van has gone straight over a T-junction and cleared a water-filled dyke.
“The driver of the vehicle has been taken to Peterborough City Hospital with serious, but not life-threatening, injuries.
“Black Drove was closed for a short time while the vehicle was recovered from the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
One resident said: “I am hoping the driver recovers quickly, it’s bad enough walking on the paths today, the roads must be dreadful.
“I think slow driving and being aware of black ice is the motto for the day.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend