Police recover ‘large amount’ of cannabis from river near Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A large amount of cannabis was recovered from a river near Whittlesey today (Wednesday February 27).
Working with ‘water bailiffs’ the Fenland neighbourhood team recovered a high quantity of the class B drug.
Investigations continue to identify who discarded the items and police say “we will be knocking on their door in the near future.
“If these are yours and you would like to speak to us sooner then please feel free to contact us on 101 or via private message.
“For anyone who would like to take up the new found hobby of drug fishing, don’t waste your time we have already got it all.”
You may also want to watch:
The drug seizure was made as part of Operation Raptor, which is the force’s drive to tackle crime and protect the public.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache