Whittlesey chapel building set on fire
- Credit: Archant
A derelict chapel building was set on fire in Whittlesey last night.
At 6.13pm, crews from Whittlesey and Stanground were called to a building fire in Scaldgate.
A fire had broken out in a single storey derelict chapel building, measuring 25m by 25m.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel and jet to extinguish the fire.
Crews returned to their stations by 7.35pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital