Whittlesey charity receives cash injection from women’s club
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland charity which supports adults with learning disabilities has received a £200 boost from a women’s club.
Representatives from The Scaldgate Club were handed the cheque by Mandy Smith, treasurer of The Nova Club, at their January meeting.
The Scaldgate Club is a social club for adults with learning disabilities in Whittlesey, Coates, Eastrea and Turves.
It has 15 members aged from 19 to 50 years-old, who meet on Thursday night between 7-9 pm at Whittlesey Youth Centre.
The Nova Club, which meets on the first Wednesday of each month at Whittlesey’s Conservative Club, supports various local causes.
You may also want to watch:
Last January, they presented £100 cheques to each of the Patient Participation Groups (PPG) at the Jenner Health Centre and the New Queen Street Surgery for medical equipment.
Their cake stand at last year’s Whittlesey Festival raised £175.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Anyone interested in joining or learning more about The Nova Club can contact Mandy Smith on 01733 205096.