Whittlesey club’s charity golf day raises £500 for EACH
- Credit: Archant
WHITTLESEY and District Lions’ annual Charity Golf Day raised £550.
Nine teams of four took to the fairways at Ramsey Golf Club in aid of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (E.A.C.H.) with Peterborough Lions Club emerging the winners.
The day began with a bacon butty and coffee and after the golf a meal was served, followed by prize presentations and a raffle.
Sixty people attended Whittlesey Lions’ 22nd Charter Lunch, held at St. Andrews Hall in Parkinson’s Lane.
The guests tucked into a hog roast served by a local butcher and were entertained by a magician.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the Lions contact Steve Palmer on 01733 351405 or 07767373264 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire