Whittlesey couple are third in their family to celebrate their Diamond wedding
- Credit: Archant
A Whittlesey couple are the third pair in their family to celebrate six decades of marriage within the last two years.
Norman, 81, and 79-year-old Hazel Gale celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary with a party for family and friends at the Eastrea Centre.
Mrs Gale’s brother and sister also celebrated their diamond weddings within the last two years.
Her daughter Susan gale said: “It’s quite a feat for all three of them to have had such long marriages.
“The men reckon it is because they always say ‘yes dear’.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple, who had five children, married at St Andrews Church in Whittlesey in 1955.
Mrs Gale worked in care while Mr Gale used to run NA Gale petrol garage at Delph until leaving to work at Baker Perkins.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
They have three grandchildren and one great grandchild.