It’s Christmas in Whittlesey! Trees, lights and mince pies at annual extravaganza
- Credit: Archant
A stunning display of Christmas trees at the Whittlesey Extravaganza marked the start of the festive season.
Revellers were keen to enjoy music, food, fairground rides and puppet shows at the annual event.
Children could also take part in raffles and tombolas while Santa came to pay a visit on a float.
The Whittlesey Rotary Club also offered plenty of fun with a human fruit machine.
The Christmas Tree Festival took place at St Mary's Church from Friday December 6 to Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The organisers of the Whittlesey Extravangza posted on Facebook: "Thank you to everyone who turned out to support our event, it was great to see you all enjoying yourselves.
"A really big thank you goes to all the shops and businesses that have supported this years event.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
"Another thank you to the Whittlesey St John Ambulance team who went above and beyond."
"Lastly, but by no means least, the biggest thanks go to my extravaganza team who have worked tirelessly throughout the year voluntary to put this event on."