Whittlesey Festival Committee appeal for help
THE organisers of the Whittlesey Festival are asking for the help of local people to save the The Town Festival for the future.
Each year we put on the best Festival we possibly can for all the family to enjoy and each year it gets harder to finance. It is our aim to keep as much as possible free for the Children, and we would like to continue to do this.
We intend to hold some fund raising events when the weather gets warmer, so hopefully this will bring in some much needed revenue. Whittlesey Town Council and Fenland Council are very good with funding, but obviously, as we all know, councils are under a lot of pressure in these difficult times.
If anyone feels that they would like to help by making a donation, then the Festival Committee would be most grateful for anything you can give.
We are planning some really super things for this year’s Festival and would also like to think we could forward plan to 2012, this being the Queen’s Jubilee Year as well as the Olympics.
You may also want to watch:
Over the next few weeks we will be placing donations buckets in Jenny Parker’s card shop (Inspirations) in Market Street and also in Wetherspoons at the George on the Market Place.
If anyone would like to be involved in the organising of the Festival or would like to ask any questions, please ring Pauline Edge on 01733 208414 or Jenny Parker on 01733 351005.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
The Festival Committee thank you for your help.
WHITTLESEY FESTIVAL COMMITTEE