Whittlesey Festival Committee appeal for help
THE organisers of the Whittlesey Festival are asking for the help of local people to save the The Town Festival for the future.
Each year we put on the best Festival we possibly can for all the family to enjoy and each year it gets harder to finance. It is our aim to keep as much as possible free for the Children, and we would like to continue to do this.
We intend to hold some fund raising events when the weather gets warmer, so hopefully this will bring in some much needed revenue. Whittlesey Town Council and Fenland Council are very good with funding, but obviously, as we all know, councils are under a lot of pressure in these difficult times.
If anyone feels that they would like to help by making a donation, then the Festival Committee would be most grateful for anything you can give.
We are planning some really super things for this year’s Festival and would also like to think we could forward plan to 2012, this being the Queen’s Jubilee Year as well as the Olympics.
You may also want to watch:
Over the next few weeks we will be placing donations buckets in Jenny Parker’s card shop (Inspirations) in Market Street and also in Wetherspoons at the George on the Market Place.
If anyone would like to be involved in the organising of the Festival or would like to ask any questions, please ring Pauline Edge on 01733 208414 or Jenny Parker on 01733 351005.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
The Festival Committee thank you for your help.
WHITTLESEY FESTIVAL COMMITTEE