Whittlesey Festival was the best ever - but no such plaudits for refurbished public toilets
CONGRATULATIONS to all who organised the Festival in Whittlesey last weekend. It was the best ever.
Well done to all of the helpers and particularly Fenland District Council’s crew of litter pickers and bin men.
No such plaudits though for the new public toilets behind the George Hotel. Unisex toilets with a non-lifting seat (think about it!) and 20p entry fee.
I borrowed 20p to get in and can foresee late-night problems for those, like me, caught short without the correct change. Wetherspoon’s may become the most popular toilet in town and it may need to “police” future usage.
Public toilets can be vandal proof and should always be free.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?