Whittlesey garage reeling after vandals strike for second time in four months
A WHITTLESEY garage owner has been left “gobsmacked” after vandals caused thousands of pounds of damage to his luxury cars for the second time in four months.
Attackers threw paint stripper over seven cars which were parked at the forefront of T and T Vehicle Sales, in Orchard Lane.
Darren Smith, the garage’s owner, has offered a reward of �1,000 for information which leads to the culprit being caught.
He said: “I’m lost for words to be honest.
“I don’t care how much I have to pay to catch them. This can’t carry on.”
You may also want to watch:
Vandals had previously thrown paint over seven cars and severely scratched the bodywork of a number of vehicles during a raid in August.
Mr Smith had to pay �2,000 to repair the damage to the vehicles and lost at least one sale because of the attack.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Police believe the crime took place at about midnight on Sunday and there is CCTV footage of a tall man with dark hair and a distinctive walk leaving the scene.
PC Melanie Bull, of Cambridgeshire Police, said: “This is the second time vandals have targeted the garage and I would urge anyone with any information to call the police.
“I would also like to hear from anyone who noticed people with paint on their clothing during the early hours of yesterday morning.”
Anyone with information should call PC Bull on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111