Fenland gunshop founded in 1983 has new owners
- Credit: Facebook/Whittlesey Gun Shop/YouTube
A gun shop owner says he is “very excited” about the future following a takeover.
Whittlesey Gun Shop has been bought by sports shooting brand Cadman Sporting of Northamptonshire, founded by Giles Cadman.
The shop, founded in 1983, offers over 500 guns in store, from a range of shotguns, rifles and air weapons.
It also sells country sporting equipment, clothing and accessories.
Founder David Shipman said: "Joining Cadman is an opportunity to increase our offering and build on our 30 plus years of success."
Dave, who has over 40 years of experience teaching clay shooting, has represented Cambridgeshire in their sporting team and helped others to start their shooting career.
On his website Giles speaks of his passion for shooting, having been taught since the age of six about countryside sports by his uncle and grandfather in Suffolk.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 9 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 10 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
He says he advocates ‘eat what you shoot’ and 100-mile diet, describes himself as the worst loader ever and claims there’s no merit to the story of his nickname ‘Tarker Two Pegs’.