Fenland gunshop founded in 1983 has new owners
- Credit: Facebook/Whittlesey Gun Shop/YouTube
A gun shop owner says he is “very excited” about the future following a takeover.
Whittlesey Gun Shop has been bought by sports shooting brand Cadman Sporting of Northamptonshire, founded by Giles Cadman.
The shop, founded in 1983, offers over 500 guns in store, from a range of shotguns, rifles and air weapons.
It also sells country sporting equipment, clothing and accessories.
Founder David Shipman said: "Joining Cadman is an opportunity to increase our offering and build on our 30 plus years of success."
You may also want to watch:
Dave, who has over 40 years of experience teaching clay shooting, has represented Cambridgeshire in their sporting team and helped others to start their shooting career.
On his website Giles speaks of his passion for shooting, having been taught since the age of six about countryside sports by his uncle and grandfather in Suffolk.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid
- 10 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
He says he advocates ‘eat what you shoot’ and 100-mile diet, describes himself as the worst loader ever and claims there’s no merit to the story of his nickname ‘Tarker Two Pegs’.