Fenland gunshop founded in 1983 has new owners
- Credit: Facebook/Whittlesey Gun Shop/YouTube
A gun shop owner says he is “very excited” about the future following a takeover.
Whittlesey Gun Shop has been bought by sports shooting brand Cadman Sporting of Northamptonshire, founded by Giles Cadman.
The shop, founded in 1983, offers over 500 guns in store, from a range of shotguns, rifles and air weapons.
It also sells country sporting equipment, clothing and accessories.
Founder David Shipman said: "Joining Cadman is an opportunity to increase our offering and build on our 30 plus years of success."
Dave, who has over 40 years of experience teaching clay shooting, has represented Cambridgeshire in their sporting team and helped others to start their shooting career.
On his website Giles speaks of his passion for shooting, having been taught since the age of six about countryside sports by his uncle and grandfather in Suffolk.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 6 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 7 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 8 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man charged following Peterborough murder
He says he advocates ‘eat what you shoot’ and 100-mile diet, describes himself as the worst loader ever and claims there’s no merit to the story of his nickname ‘Tarker Two Pegs’.