Fenland gunshop founded in 1983 has new owners
- Credit: Facebook/Whittlesey Gun Shop/YouTube
A gun shop owner says he is “very excited” about the future following a takeover.
Whittlesey Gun Shop has been bought by sports shooting brand Cadman Sporting of Northamptonshire, founded by Giles Cadman.
The shop, founded in 1983, offers over 500 guns in store, from a range of shotguns, rifles and air weapons.
It also sells country sporting equipment, clothing and accessories.
Founder David Shipman said: "Joining Cadman is an opportunity to increase our offering and build on our 30 plus years of success."
You may also want to watch:
Dave, who has over 40 years of experience teaching clay shooting, has represented Cambridgeshire in their sporting team and helped others to start their shooting career.
On his website Giles speaks of his passion for shooting, having been taught since the age of six about countryside sports by his uncle and grandfather in Suffolk.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
He says he advocates ‘eat what you shoot’ and 100-mile diet, describes himself as the worst loader ever and claims there’s no merit to the story of his nickname ‘Tarker Two Pegs’.