Whittlesey Hermitage staff to take part in Race For Life to raise funds for Cancer Research
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a residential home in Whittlesey will lace up their trainers and take part in a Race For Life in aid of Cancer Research.
The Hermitage has previous when it comes to fundraising - they have so far raised more than £1,000 so staff member Lorraine Fenton’s two-year-old granddaughter London Elizabeth, who was diagnosed with acute leukemia, can go to Disneyland Florida.
The 5km run takes place on July 7 at Ferry Meadows, Peterborough.
Rhia Gillam said: “The Hermitage staff have raised loads of money each year for different charities. This year we raised over £1,000 for a charity close to home for one of our team’s granddaughters and we would love to carry this on.
“Most staff are running or walking the Race For Life. All donations will go straight to Cancer Research.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate, go to www.justgiving.com/tenaladies
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend