Whittlesey Indoor Bowls club gets coloured bowls to boost visually impaired competitors
- Credit: Archant
Disabled bowlers at the Whittlesey Indoor Bowls Club now have coloured bowls to brighten up their weekly sessions.
Several sets of coloured bowls have been made available to the bowlers as a result of support from Taylor Bowls, the Glasgow-based bowls manufacturer, and Whittlesey Town Council.
It is hoped the coloured bowls will prove beneficial to the disabled bowlers, especially to those with visual problems.
Whittlesey Mayor and Mayoress, David and Ann Mason, joined the bowlers and volunteer helpers from the club at the official handover of the bowls.
The group in Whittlesey is part of the Fens Disabled Bowls Association, which also incorporates disabled sections at the Wisbech and March indoor clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Each club hosts a gala day each year and there is also an annual championship.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 7 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages