Restaurant 'humbled' to mark 10 years in business
- Credit: Facebook/Vesuvio
The owners of an Italian restaurant said they are “humbled by all of the support” as they mark their 10-year anniversary.
Vesuvio in Whittlesey opened their doors in October 2011 and have been a hit with customers in and around the Fenland area.
“We can’t believe 10 years ago this month we opened our doors!” owners Maria and Peppe said.
“Our family are humbled by all of the support we have received in our hometown over the past 10 years.”
They added: “It has been a pleasure to serve our community and extended family by bringing the authentic taste of Italy to Whittlesey.”
Since opening their doors, Vesuvio has been awarded a five-star hygiene rating by the Food Standards Agency.
It has also continued to serve customers through the coronavirus pandemic lockdowns by offering takeaways when unable to open their restaurant on Eastgate Mews.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages