Whittlesey kebab shop and flat severely damaged by fire
A WHITTLESEY kebab shop and a first-floor flat were severely damaged by a fire today.
Twenty-five firefighters from Whittlesey, Stanground, Dogsthorpe, Ramsey and Yaxley were called to Kebabland, in Market Street, at 11.35am. The turntable ladder based at Dogsthorpe was also mobilised.
The blaze started in the ground floor of the mid-terrace shop and spread to the first-floor flat above.
The flat was severely fire damaged and the ground floor was fire and smoke damaged.
An investigation is under way to determine the cause of the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Callum Faint, Station Commander for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews really worked exceptionally hard to stop this fire from spreading any further.
“This was a well developed fire in a mid terrace building but firefighters worked really quickly to prevent it spreading to neighbouring properties.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
There were no casualties and no rescues by firefighters.